Doctors & Staff
Meet the experienced and friendly doctors and staff who make Benavente Eyecare the leading provider of vision care products and services in Munster.
Dr. Jorge A. Benavente
I am a highly trained and experienced Doctor of Optometry:
- 1977 Graduate of Indiana University School of Optometry
- Certified to prescribe therapeutic pharmaceuticals
Professional and Civic Memberships:
- Former President of the Indiana Optometry Board
- Served 16 years on the Optometry Board
- Clinical Examiner for the National Board of Optometry for 11 years
- Clinical Instructor at the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago.
- Served on the National Board Review Committee -until 2006
Areas of Expertise:
- Extensive Clinical Experience
- Dr. Benavente has served on the National Board Review Committee of the Association of Regulatory Board in Optometry. As a committee member he participated on the review of the national board examination questions that are given to the students taking their national board for licensure in states that accept national boards. Dr. Benavente’s last year on the board was in 2006.
He holds an MBA from Indiana University
Dr. Benavente has been involved with the regulation of Optometry and has contributed many hours to the profession. You can be assured, with Dr. Benavente’s vast clinical experience, your eyes will be well taken care of. Dr. Benavente has been in practice for 37 years.
Dr. Suzanna Acosta
Dr. Suzanna Acosta was born and raised in Northwest Indiana. She attended Munster High School followed by Indiana University, where she completed her Bachelor of Science in Biology on a full merit scholarship. She completed her Doctor of Optometry at Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago, IL, where she also received a partial scholarship. Her optometric interests include managing ocular disease, contact lenses, and pediatric exams. She is passionate about helping others and actively participates in vision screenings. Her main goal is patient care and education, ensuring that each patient leaves with a full understanding of their refractive and eye health.
Dr. Acosta is fluent in both English and Spanish. She enjoys spending her free time with friends and family, discovering new restaurants and enjoying time outdoors. She is excited to be a part of Benavente Eyecare.